Our board certified physicians and highly specialized staff are pleased to offer you the quality care you deserve. Through the use of cutting edge technology, and the latest advancements in pulmonary care, we are able to provide a more accurate diagnosis and deliver the most effective therapy to properly treat your condition. Our goal at Pulmonary Associates of St. Augustine is to treat your critical illness, breathing and sleep disorders in a skilled and professional manner while maintaining the compassionate, friendly environment you expect from your healthcare provider.
We are currently accepting new patients. Let us help you get your breath back!
Changes For Your Safety During COVID-19
Pulmonary Associates of St Augustine is concerned with the safety of our patients and staff during the current COVID-19 epidemic. That is why we have made some changes to our office protocols in reference to the current CDC guidelines. The following are some of the practices we have put in place to guarantee a safe environment for our patients and employees:
- Because we are located inside Flagler hospital, we will be adjusting certain restrictions together with Flagler hospital’s current protocols. At this time only people with valid appointments will be admitted into the hospital. You will be screened at the door and asked if you have traveled within the last two weeks, if you have a fever and if you have a cough. If you answer “yes” to any these questions you may not be allowed to enter the building. If this is the case, please call to change your appointment to a telemed visit over the phone.
- All patients must wear a mask in the office. If you don’t have a mask, we can provide you with one. If you are unable to wear a mask, please reschedule to a time when you can or change to a telemed visit over the phone.
- Each room will be cleaned with disinfectant between patients.
- Our lobby chairs have been modified to respect social distancing guidelines. Please respect these guidelines by not rearranging the chairs.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby and nurse’s station.
- All staff are required to wear masks with every patient.
- We will be screening every visitor’s temperature upon entering the lobby.
Your safety is our primary concern. If you are unable or uncomfortable coming into the office for your appointment, we do have telemed services available. Please call 904-824-8666 to find out more about this service.